Notice: All Cheboygan EWP events have been rescheduled for 2021.
Celebrate Earth Day By Planting a Tree!
— Gaylord Nelson and Denis Hayes, organizers of the first Earth Day held in 1970.
Start a Tradition!
START A NEW FAMILY TRADITION: PLANT A TREE!
You’ll be amazed at how fast trees will grow. Plant today, enjoy for many years to come.
Why We Need Trees
- Trees provide food and shelter to birds and mammals
- Trees produce oxygen and they clean the air
- Trees shade and cool us
- Trees provide humans with fruits and nuts
- Trees provide windbreaks
- Trees provide recreational fun areas (forests and parks), and branches to hang swings and hammocks
- Trees clean the soil by absorption
- Trees soften noise pollution
- Trees provide lumber to build homes and furniture
- Trees help fight soil erosion
- Trees beautify our cities and towns
- Trees increase property values
- Trees absorb air pollution – Tree- of- heaven is one of the most effective trees for absorbing urban air pollution.
Added by Ecologist Jesse M. Lincoln