- Sponsors & Donations
Earth Week Volunteers are making phone calls and sending emails working on confirming our display line up for the 2018 Expo!
1. WHY WOLVES MATTER
Wolf artifacts, Photos, & more
2. LIVE LAMPREYS: NO, THEY ARE NOT EELS!!
See these creatures up close..get a free Lamprey Bite sticker.
3. BUTTERFLIES, COCOONS, AND MORE!
Learn why butterflies are not just beautiful; but are also important creatures for our environment.
4. LITTLE TRAVERSE CONSERVANCY – ANIMAL PELTS, SKULLS, ANTLERS, ETC.
NATURE’S BEAUTY TO TOUCH AND SEE.
5. do TERRA (ESSENTIAL OILS TO TRY)
6. HARVEST THYME FARM Lots of new early vegetables, eggs, and micro-greens to try! Extending the growing season: find out how we do it. Learn about Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA), & organic flowers, vegetables, fruits, and more available at Harvest Thyme.
7. SACCPJE, FLOW, ENBRIDGE LINE 5
Learn about the 64-yr.-old pipeline carrying crude-oil & natural gas liquids under the Straits of Mackinac .
8. CHEBOYGAN COUNTY 4-
4H members show live animals in the courtyard. Have fun with Hands-on Science Challenges for all ages.
9. HEADLANDS-DARK SKY PARK
Find out about this 550 acre park: one of the first 10 International Dark Sky Parks in the world
10. TOP OF MICHIGAN TRAILS COUNCIL
Expo attendees can bring their bikes for free safety Inspections, adjustments of seat, wheels, tires, helmets. Trail maps & info for planning your next outing.
11. PIGEON RIVER COUNTRY STATE FOREST
Learn about this fabulous resource & the Elk that live there. Trail maps, Elk antlers, Elk mount to see!”
12. CREATION STATION
(Objects from Nature+ Paint = Fun art project for kids!
Make a unique nature craft to take home.)
13. SEEDUMS GARDEN CLUB
Raptor Art project for kids: create your own original Owl Art, using recycled CDs.
14. FERNELIUS FORD/LINCOLN
See a C-Max Hybrid car -uses gas OR electricity.
15.CHEBOYGAN COUNTY. RECYCLING
What really should-and shouldn’t-go in the recycling bins!
16.TIP OF THE MITT WATERSHED COUNCIL :
Get your hands wet! Interactive Watershed Model; samples of aquatic invasive species; live macro-invertebrates to
18.STURGEON FOR TOMORROW
See live baby sturgeon in an aquarium. Have your picture taken with a large adult sturgeon mount!
19. MIKE SUPERNAULT
Mike shares his collections: From dinosaur teeth to insects, rocks, and fossils! These items from the natural world give the viewer a better understanding of the beauty, variety & complexity of the world we inhabit.
20. RESONANCE CENTER FARM
Pasture-raised pork, chicken, and eggs for sale; Goat-milk lotions and soap for sale. Free Bumper Stickers! Learn why organic food is a healthy option.
21. MICHIGAN UNITED CONSERVATION CLUBS
MUCC is the largest statewide conservation organization in the U.S. Take the Duck Identification challenge, using life-size duck models. Play a Memory-Matching game highlighting Northern Michigan fish.mLearn how to stop the spread of invasive species,both plant & animal. FREE Michigan Out of Doors magazines for adults;and TRACKS magazines for kids!)
22. DNR : LET’S TALK TURKEY!
Everything about turkeys and Spring Turkey-Hunting season in Northern Michigan. See turkey mounts & feathers.
23. FOREVER DUNCAN BAY
Find out how Huron Pines and Little Traverse Conservancy are permanently protecting and restoring 317 acres of coastal wetland, plus 2,750 ft of waterfront,most of it within Cheboygan city limits. Hiking, birding, dog-walking: Forever.
24. UNIVERSITY of MICHIGAN BIOLOGICAL STATION
Learn about this amazing property: History and information about activities. See trail maps; find out about the Summer Lecture Series, Class Schedules, and more.
25. MACKINAC STRAITS RAPTOR WATCH
This organization studies the migration patterns of hawks, owls,and other raptors in the Straits of Mackinac. See video of raptors in our area & how you can participate in Raptor Watch.
26. CHEBOYGAN COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY
Healthy and humane pet care explained. See photos of adoptable pets. Spaying and neutering info available.
27. NATIVE WAYS, TRADITIONAL ARTS
Go inside a full-sized native bark house; see native crafts, arts, and items used daily by Michigan indigenous tribes long ago.
28. MOTHER NATURE’S REMEDIES : Downtown Cheboygan’s Natural Food Store will have samples of things to try & to buy. Learn about their natural foods, supplements, and classes.